Intention. Our intention will shape our reality. The great news is we can shift this at any time. We can make things even better than they are, we can add more resources, add more clarity and so on. Here is the even better news, if things aren’t working, shift your perspective, create an intention and start taking action. It really is that easy!
While building a business intentionality is key. Once you set that intention, things will begin to align, there will be clarity and direction and then you start acting. The energy will follow the intention.
How much intention are you devoting to your business? How can you add a little more intentionality to take your business to the next level? It could be as simple as asking yourself, “what is my intention for this week?”. Perhaps journal for several minutes a day or simply state your intention out loud first thing in the morning. Your intention could be several paragraphs or a word. It is about making it your own, feeling that intention resonate in your body and then allowing the energy of your intention to work.
People sometimes think all they have to do is intend. Not true. You make the intention, create a plan and take consistent action. The energy behind the intention will move things along faster. It is about working smarter and allowing a greater force to move you and your business forward.
There is sometimes a piece we miss after setting our intention. We want it to come in and look a certain way. When we set an intention we really don’t know how it will take form. Keep your mind open to ideas that pop up and people that cross your path.
I encourage you to try it today. I recommend setting intentions weekly. Really think about what you want to accomplish this week with your business. Perhaps you just want some clarity, or maybe you want to start growing your following, or maybe you want to add a client this month. Really think about what you are wanting and begin to create an action plan. The most important part is setting the intention. Make it clear, simple and direct. You want to feel the feeling of that intention. This will help it land in the body. Then be open to what is coming in and of course, get your action plan and start taking small, tangible steps toward that intention.
4 Tips to Add Intention to your Business This Week:
- What is a quote that inspires you? How can you apply that message to your business this week? What is the deeper meaning referent to growing your business and creating a life you love?
- Decide on a word for this week. It could be ‘clients’ or ‘content’ or ‘website’ ~ a word that as soon as you see it you know what it means and reminds you of your intention.
- Spend some time Sunday evening getting clear on your intention. Journal for 10 minutes thinking about what results you want this week. Then think about what intention would summarize these results. Light a candle, play some soft music and start journaling about these results after write a one sentence intention that summarize this.
- Whether you decide on a word, a sentence or a quote print it out, color it, write it down, reminders on phone. All of these, the goal is to stay connected to that intention throughout the week.
- Be open and take action! Be open to people, experiences, ideas and so on. Taking small action steps to your goal this week. Keep it really simple, it could be making a phone call, sending an email, writing an article, brainstorm a new idea and so on. Staying open and taking action will add energy and clarity to your intention.
When you start to add intention to your life you will see massive changes. Where intention goes, energy flows. My intention for you as you’re reading this is that you start, start where you are on that idea, that business, that life. You are ready now, intend to start creating and having an impact.